DockerCon Europe 2018
This year will be the second time that I attend DockerCon. Last year I also attended DockerCon Europe in Copenhagen. That time I was not sure what to expect. I had experience with VMworld but had no idea if DockerCon would be the same. There were of course similarities but also things that were different. For starters DockerCon is much smaller then VMworld which I personally like. Another thing I liked was the hallway track.
Tips for visiting DockerCon
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Take a powerbank/ adapters with you
- Build your agenda using the agenda builder
- Leave time between session. You need time to process the information you get from different sessions
- Visit the hands-on-labs. Always useful to tryout some of the new stuff
- Spend some time on the Ecosystem Expo
- Check out the hallway tracks. Lot of useful short sessions. Also there is the possibility of meeting the Docker Captains.
- Install the event app on your mobile or tablet. It gives you access to your agenda, surveys and more event info.
- if your new to DockerCon join the Docker Pals program. You will then meet other people who are also new and also get to meet a guide, someone who has been to DockerCon before.
- Enjoy the event :)
Installing the DockerCon event app
- Download the Eventspace by Spotme from the App Store or Google Play
- Click the ‘Get started’ button to begin your activation
- Click the ‘Email me a magic link’ button to advance to the next screen. Type in your Email: <_email-adress_>, confirm acknowledgment of Both Privacy Policies and hit ‘**Continue**’.
- On the same device, check your inbox - you will receive an email from Eventspace, which includes the link to activate your account. If not in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder. Simply click on the link and you will be redirected to the app where you will be able to select the event to install.
My agenda for DockerCon
This year, KPN ICT Consulting is a Docker Partner and I have achieved the Docker Certified Associate and Docker Authorized Consultant status. So on Monday I’m going to attend the Partnerday . I also have been invited to attend DockerCon customer roundtables.
This year I’m also going to attend a few workshops:
- Migrating .NET Applications to Docker Containers
- Using Istio
- Building a Secure, Automated Software Supply Chain
I also have scheduled the following sessions:
- Dynamic Authorization and Policy Control for Docker Container Environments
- Docker for Windows Containers and Kubernetes
- Docker Container Security
- Docker Container Networking
- High availability with Docker Enterprise
- Edge Computing with Docker Enterprise