New fling: Workspace One UEM Workload Migration Tool
The Workspace One UEM Workload Migration Tool allows a seamless migration of Applications and Device configurations between different Workspace One UEM environments. With the push of a button, workloads move from UAT to Production, instead of having to manually enter the information or upload files manually. Therefore, decreasing the time to move data between Dev/UAT environments to Production.
- Windows 10 PC
- 2 Workspace One UEM environments
- Admin API credentials for the two environments
- Admin API permissions in the two environments
Network connectivity between the two environments
Installation and Setup
- Download the Migration Tool from the Flings Portal
- Run the installer by double clicking the downloaded exe
- The installer can be run on any computer where the tool will be leveraged
- Configure the Source and Destination environments to make API calls. For both environments or Organization Groups, perform the following steps.
- Create an Admin account with API access in the Workspace One UEM Console
- Copy an Admin API key from the Workspace One UEM Console
- Found at Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > API > REST API
- Launch the Migration Tool and configure the Source and Destination environments by clicking the Add button for each environment.
- Enter the tenant url. E.g https://acme.awmdm.com
- Enter the API Username. E.g. restapiuser
- Enter the API Password
- Paste the Rest API key.
- Enter the Organization group. E.g. UAT
Application Migration Instructions
- Click the Applications Tab
- Click on the Migrate App button for the targeted application
- Upload the binary for the application by selecting “Choose File”
- Once the app is available to the tool, select migrate to move the app to the destination environment.
Profile Migration Instructions
- Profiles can be migrated individually or in bulk
Bulk migration instructions:
- Navigate to the profiles tab of the tool.
- Click on the Profiles that will be migrated.
- This queues profiles for migration.
- Click Bulk Migrate
- Profiles will now be migrated to the destination environment
- If they already exist in the destination environment, then they will not be migrated
Single Profile Migration Instructions:
- From the Profile listview, click Details for the targeted profile
- A message will display if this profile can be migrated and if it can a button will appear.
- Click Migrate to migrate the profile.